Dewalt DW100 drive belt needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart_G

Reaction score
Hello, I’ve been given a Dewalt DW100 bandsaw which hasn’t been used for several years. It runs but is missing the drive belt (I believe the Dewalt/Black & Decker part number is 123246-00) and I’ve been unable to find a replacement I’d be grateful for any help, primarily to confirm that I’ve got that part number correct and secondly to suggest anywhere I might find one. I’ve searched a number of parts suppliers - all say no longer available - and the internet in general, including eBay, so far with no results. I’m wondering if there’s a generic drive belt manufacturer who can supply one with the right dimensions but don’t know where to search.

Many thanks
Stuart Gilbert

Last edited:
Hi Stuart - I hope this reaches you in time!
I have just acquired a DW100 too. I thought I needed a new belt so started searching (and found your post).
The Part No you give is correct - but not available since 2001. Very little chance of finding OldNew stock.

HOWEVER mine came with an Optibelt 6x500mm F6 (about 4 mm thick) It's definitely a wedge or V profile but I don't know the difference so can't advise. They're about £7 and available from many outlets.

You are clearly not as idiotic as me - but perhaps a word or warning to the 2% of the population who might be as simple as me:
I fitted the belt and found it WAY too loose before (three cups of tea later) realising that the motor housing swings to tighten the drive belt by releasing the knurled knobs from the OTHER side. I'm now up and running, The Optibelt 500 seems perfectly at home.
Good luck!

Back