• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

DeWalt DW100 Bandsaw - advice needed please? What's missing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

fixit9660

Reaction score
Hi All. My first post here so apologies in advance if I transgress any rules and/or offend anyone, neither intended.

I recently picked up a DW100 Bandsaw for £30. It was non-operational, but after some TLC, lubrication and adjustment as per various web threads it now works, and very nicely too!!

I managed to download a Manual but the photos are pretty bad. I realise this is a very old model and it's hard several previous owners who neglected it.

My question is, what don't I have? I have seen a lot of photos around but I don't know what was original equipment and has since gone missing, and what are optional extras?

For example:
1) There's a long, thin, slot in the table; did something originally fit in it, or is it for an optional accessory?
2) I've seen pictures of a metal arm bolted to the front of the table: what was/is it, and was it original or optional?
3) Did the Sanding support come as standard?
4) How do you change the Sanding Disk?

I can upload photos if someone would like to give it a once-over for missing parts, if required. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Get a blade or two from Tuffsaws and use the thing, they are a good little saw so long as you don't expect too much from them - just because there's a four inch gap doesn't mean you spend all day sawing four inch timber. I wouldn't worry about the sander, personally - I owned one for years and after the first paper was blunt I never used it again.

fixit9660

Reaction score
After a LOT of searching it looks like I'm talking about a Mitre Fence, and a Straight/Parallel Fence.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
3) Did the Sanding support come as standard?
4) How do you change the Sanding Disk?

Huh? I thought you said it was a bandsaw?

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
What the others said, it's underpowered and small capacity for that reason however works well for softwood and thin sections so certainly not useless. Get a good quality blade or you'll get breakages and probably a max 6mm thin section as it's a 3 wheel bandsaw.

I bought a secondhand one as my very first bandsaw but that was a very long time ago, mid eighties I think and used it for several years until I could afford the bigger DW3501, so from memory,

*Sanding disk was glued on as is usual, it was 5 or 6 inch I think and easily made up from normal abrasive and double sided tape if you can't find the right size.

* There was an aluminium support table from memory but pretty flimsy.

* Rip fence clamped to the front of the table but I don't remember a bar, I think it clamped to the front with a simple screw knob.

* Slot in the table was for the mitre guide supplied with the saw.

fixit9660

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated. I've been very kindly given most of the parts from a broken DW100, all except the sanding table. I've made good use of the sander on several occasions, just hand-holding the work, and it worked well for my use. I find that as long as I use it for small work it's a great little saw/sander combo.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be difficult to knock up a table of sorts with a bit of imagination.

Latest posts