DeWalt DCW604NT and router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwDave

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried to find a suitable table to mount this router on but no joy, I guess it doesn’t exist. So...

I want a small (my workshop is small :-( ) router table with above table height adjustment. What recommendations are out there for a table/router combination to achieve this?

I find the product reviews very obscure in terms of what will fit with what and what has an above table height adjustment.

Any advice would be really appreciated. I am not looking for a cheap solution, I am looking for a good solution.

A lot depends on what you expect to route as you could be seriously constrained by a cordless under a router table. What you have with the Dewalt is an excellent trimmer and light plunge router. If I were you I would keep the Dewalt for freehand routing and either buy something like a Triton which is designed for under table work. With a Triton you can build your own bench table like this:
A Tour of my Awesome Router Table (Using a Triton TRA001 / TRB001) - YouTube
and use an insert like this:
INCRA - MagnaLOCK - Router Plates - 7518-T | Wood Workers Workshop

I made mine to sit on the end of my bench using a Triton TRA001 and the above insert plate and it works very well.
IMG_20201226_155140.jpg

There are many posts here on this subject with many different answers so you will need to take a leap of faith at some point. @MikeK solution above is a great one if you can stretch to it.

A lot depends on what you expect to route as you could be seriously constrained by a cordless under a router table. What you have with the Dewalt is an excellent trimmer and light plunge router. If I were you I would keep the Dewalt for freehand routing and either buy something like a Triton which is designed for under table work. With a Triton you can build your own bench table like this:
A Tour of my Awesome Router Table (Using a Triton TRA001 / TRB001) - YouTube
and use an insert like this:
INCRA - MagnaLOCK - Router Plates - 7518-T | Wood Workers Workshop

I made mine to sit on the end of my bench using a Triton TRA001 and the above insert plate and it works very well.
View attachment 111812
There are many posts here on this subject with many different answers so you will need to take a leap of faith at some point. @MikeK solution above is a great one if you can stretch to it.
+1 here. But mine went into a kreg router table I bought off someone here.

But soon the router table will go and I will integrate a similar setup to above on the right hand side extension of my table saw.

If you are in a tight budget, Triton is a good option. If you can indeed stretch, Incra setup shown above by @MikeK is the ultimate stop for you, especially if you retain your dewalt for hand held stuff.

Latest posts

Back