dewalt biscuit joiner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello could anyone give me advice on the corded dewalt biscuit joiner or people who have got it tell me what they think about it. its advantages and disadvantages because im thinking of buying it.

cheers
Rich

Hi Rich
I have the DW biscuit jointer. I've only used a Skil model before, so not much to compare it to. It seems very good to me. The fence is very accurate both height adjustment and angle. It cannot be tilted to negative angles so it is limiting for some applications.
I've no idea how well this compares to other jointers of the same price range, but ignoring that it's very good.

Hi Rich

I've used the DW BJ quite a bit over the last couple of years and I find it accurate, tough, consistent and reliable. It would be nice if it came with a slightly longer power cable but that's a minor quibble. I've never used another BJ so I've nothing to compare it against but if you buy one, I don't think you'll regret your decision.

Yours

Gill

Rich.... I've pushed mine fairly hard over the past few years.. still cutting as consistantly as it did straight outa the box...
As Gill said.... low chance of regrets with this tool...

Rich,

Haven't used the Dewally but also consider the PC 577. Think a few others have this as well. Would imagine the yellow one is almost as good....
The Makita has also had good reports. And of course there is also the Lamello, bit OTT pricewise but I've never even seen one, let alone used one. This is, of course all useless information if, like me, you've zeroed in on getting a particular tool and just need that last little bit of a push from other users. Whatever you get, let us know how you get on with it.

Rgds

Noel

I have the Elu - same as DW before DW bought Elu and changed the colour. It is a good BJ - accurately made and with a good fence, easily operated and locks off well.

Back