Dewalt 712 Blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi Folks
A BIG THANKYOU to everyone who responded to my last query but I now have another one.
I have decided to go for the 712 as there is a good priced one on Ebay item No. 4358946437 , unless anyone knows of a better deal?
But my main query is about a blade, is the one that comes with it good for general use and would I have to get another for crisper results on mitres for frames and if so what would be the best to get.
Cheers
:eek:ccasion5:
Grumf

60 or 80 tooth will give you a crisp cut and a glass smooth finish. Well worth it.

Noel

Grumf

I'll second that. I put a DW 60 Series 80 tooth blade in mine and the finish is indeed glass smooth.

I've also bought the anti break-out block but haven't fitted it yet so not sure what the story is on that yet.

I agree with both Noel & Scott.

Scott,
I've also bought the anti break-out block but haven't fitted it yet so not sure what the story is on that yet.
Anti break-out block, could you drop a posting with a picture when you have tried it out?

I am intrigued..
Mike

Thanks Derek, once you add postage the saving is £1.90 which is a saving none the less and I would rather give my cash to a fellow Scot than a Yorkie :-# what have I said :!:
Cheers
Grumf

Grumf,
its worth bookmarking that site i sent you as they are pretty reasonable on most things and check out their edeals as they have some excellent bargains.

Thanks again Derek, but I have made my mind up to go with the 712, but does anyone know a good supplier for blades at give away prices :?:
Cheers
Grumf

Mike

I'll hopefully fit the block this week and see what I can do about a photo

Personaly i won't use any other blade but freud i have had one nearly two years now on my mitre saw and it still cuts as smooth as a babies bum so my advice is pay the little extra and go for the freud. My blade has 60 teeth in case you are wondering and i couldn't ask for a smoother cut. You no the old saying "you get what you pay for" and i have learn't that this is very true when it comes to tools and accessories.

=D> Derek, you are a star, thanks again for your help and advice \:D/

Cheers
:eek:ccasion5:
Grumf

Back