Dew point

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who want a little more, psychrometrically speaking ...

If you can watch this (LOL) the interesting bit, I think, is at 7min30sec

I'm going to watch that tonight. I'd really like to get my head around this whole subject.

That is some chart!!!! I would re-name it a psycho chart! it's crazy :LOL::ROFLMAO:

It is just what I was looking for, but didn't know what it was called. I also found this, which is the chart simplified for how I would use it.

Thanks!!!

psycho chart.JPG

possibly just a small 50W tube heater would keep the plastic sheets clear?
Quite a heavy frost last night -4-5.
This afternoon it was cooling down so I located an old type 100w incandescent bulb and tied it up about 18" from the roof.
A few minutes ago 9pm ish. I went out to see what was happening.
There's a roughly 18" circle unfrosted .
Looking forward to getting my diesel heater set up.

Quite a heavy frost last night -4-5.
This afternoon it was cooling down so I located an old type 100w incandescent bulb and tied it up about 18" from the roof.
A few minutes ago 9pm ish. I went out to see what was happening.
There's a roughly 18" circle unfrosted .
Looking forward to getting my diesel heater set up.
You have a 100W incandescent!!! that must be worth a fortune now!!
I will be really interested to see how the diesel heater works out, especially how much diesel it uses. I have an external shed I use for metalwork and would consider using one there.

It was in the front room of this old house when I bought it a couple of years ago.
Just about the only useable thing in it. LOL

I will be really interested to see how the diesel heater works out, especially how much diesel it uses. I have an external shed I use for metalwork and would consider using one there.
I've had it over a week already. I tested it out last Sunday and it worked fine.

I'm waiting on a longer piece of exhaust pipe, and I'm not starting proper install till I have everything here.
I am famous for getting things near enough and then moving on to something else.

I've had it over a week already. I tested it out last Sunday and it worked fine.

I'm waiting on a longer piece of exhaust pipe, and I'm not starting proper install till I have everything here.
I am famous for getting things near enough and then moving on to something else.

Will be really interested to see if the heat output is as much as they claim and how much diesel it uses. I rarely finish any job 100%, the day I get everything finished I'm convinced I'll drop dead,

I've had it up and running for a few days now.
My draughty 115 m3 shap is not going to reach 20 C with this heater, but then I wouldn't want it to.
Today when I started work the temp was 3.3C and in a little over an hour it was 11C.
That's what I set the thermostat for. Takes the chill out of the air without me overheating.
I run it on Kerosene heating oil. At the lowest setting it uses 130 ml per hour and on the highest setting it uses 395 ML per hour . The oil costs me 28.5p per litre so not going to break the bank.
There are higher and lower settings but I just leave it as the factory set it.
In fact I did an experiment and found that the heat generated at 66% setting was only a couple of deg lower than 100% setting. So no point burning 50% more oil for 2 deg.
By temp generated I mean measured at the heater not room temp.

I've had it up and running for a few days now.
Thanks. Very interesting, 11C would be a fine working temperature for me. So something like 11p an hour on the highest setting. Is it 3.5kW output?. That would be a good bit cheaper than electricity, if I could get oil as cheap. Do you buy in bulk to get that price?

Is it 3.5kW output?.
They say it's 5kw, but I doubt it I have a 4.5 kw wood stove which puts out way more heat but then it has to be attended.
I have oil heating in the house and a 1100 litre tank hence 28.5p per litre. If I had a larger tank I could get it cheaper, but not worth the outlay I think.
I plumbed the Chinese heater directly into the 1100 litre tank so no worries about running out or spills causing smells.
It's way cheaper than lekky but an electric heater would be a lot cheaper to start with.

If I could get oil at that price, it would be about 1/3 the cost of electric. Looking on line, oil in smaller quantities is about 3 times what you are paying for it.Darn!!!

If I could get oil at that price, it would be about 1/3 the cost of electric.
It does consume some electric as well. Around 10 amps @ 12v for a minute or two at start up and shut down and a small fuei pump and fan while running. I must check how much.

Thanks, I think the pump and fan will use very little, just a few watts. Looks like the heater would be no cheaper for me if I couldn't get the cheap oil.

Thanks, I think the pump and fan will use very little, just a few watts. Looks like the heater would be no cheaper for me if I couldn't get the cheap oil.
If you had to buy a tank etc the initial outlay might be a bit much ?

If you had to buy a tank etc the initial outlay might be a bit much ?
It would be. I think I'll just put in a radiator from the central heating and put a programmable thermostat on it. gas is only 2.88p/kWh

It would be. I think I'll just put in a radiator from the central heating and put a programmable thermostat on it. gas is only 2.88p/kWh
I think that is absolutely the best plan.
Put in a good big one. :)

Back