Developments with Harvey Machinery, China

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I rather like the look of the RT-100 cast iron accessory router table made by Harvey Machinery in Nanjing, China. It installs as a table saw extension top in theirs and other saws and comes with a decent looking fence.
RT-100-Woodworking-Table-Saw-Router-Table.jpg

I spoke with importers, Woodford Tooling, about buying one when they received their next shipment from China and everything looked good for sometime in April / May.
This has now gone a little sideways on me, as apparently Axminster have negotiated a new exclusive deal with Harvey and Woodford can no longer get this part for me.
I'm now in touch with Axminster about supplying the part but first indications are that Axminster's agreement is only for a certain range of machines which they will stock - this doesn't include the RT-100 right now so Axminster UK staff are investigating for me.
So it looks like an "international trade deal" has disrupted one supply chain before ensuring that customers can get all the parts that they need through an alternative.
In the long run this may be a positive if it improves the availability of these machines in the UK and ensures quality, but any UK users of Harvey machines should be aware as I'm guessing these changes could affect aftersales support.

Attachments

• RT-100-Woodworking-Table-Saw-Router-Table.jpg
    RT-100-Woodworking-Table-Saw-Router-Table.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,638
Sideways":vqkt06xy said:
I rather like the look of the RT-100 cast iron accessory router table made by Harvey Machinery in Nanjing, China. It installs as a table saw extension top in theirs and other saws and comes with a decent looking fence.

I spoke with importers, Woodford Tooling, about buying one when they received their next shipment from China and everything looked good for sometime in April / May.
This has now gone a little sideways on me, as apparently Axminster have negotiated a new exclusive deal with Harvey and Woodford can no longer get this part for me.
I'm now in touch with Axminster about supplying the part but first indications are that Axminster's agreement is only for a certain range of machines which they will stock - this doesn't include the RT-100 right now so Axminster UK staff are investigating for me.
So it looks like an "international trade deal" has disrupted one supply chain before ensuring that customers can get all the parts that they need through an alternative.
In the long run this may be a positive if it improves the availability of these machines in the UK and ensures quality, but any UK users of Harvey machines should be aware as I'm guessing these changes could affect aftersales support.

As far as getting less common stuff in the Harvey catalogue, it is probably bad news with the deal going to Axminster. Usually bigger suppliers aren't as flexible.

I was trying to get hold of some Soba stuff from India that the small supplier (Chronos) in the UK didn't normally stock and they were really good about ordering it in. Bigger outfits aren't as interested usually.

You could try this company in Belgium. They show the router table extension as currently in stock...

Tendotools

I've not ordered from them as I got my table saw via Woodford but, being in the EU, Tendotools may be prepared to ship to the UK.

Expensive though!

As I already had a Festool CMS-OF setup for my router, I did this and sold the CMS table. A year on, I have no regrets as it's worked really well...

Router Extension for Harvey Table Saw

Jerry

That's really nice work Jerry, thanks.
I was wondering about an EU importer but tendotool's price for the RT-100 is way higher than than the indicative I was discussing with Woodford.

Resurrecting one of my old threads, I notice that Axminster have announced some events in August to launch a handful of new trade machines.
I wonder if this will be our first sight of whatever they agreed with Harvey Machinery in Nanjing back at Easter ?

I never did get my router table, so in between times, I'm machining something up out of 20mm aluminium plate !

It will be interesting to compare whatever shows up with the models on that manufacturer's website. Always interesting to know where something is made, and make some guesses about who else is badging it and what they're selling it for :)

I think on e of the annoying parts of Axminster having the trade deal with Harvey is that they will only offer some models and accessories of the Harvey range, not offering the Harvey HW110LC-30 Table saw for instance which would be better than the AT254SB/AW10BSB2 Saw Bench...

Have you looked into buying it through Alibaba yourself? You'll have to check into the shipping costs, tariffs, brokerage fees etc., but it might work out cheaper since you wouldn't be paying anyones markup. It may be the same or even more since you might have to pay more for shipping but at least you'll have it. ;) Worth looking into.

Oh. I just saw it has a 5 set minimum order. :( you might want to poke around the site a bit as sometimes in other listings they have minimums of 1.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 7e02sFv84j

Latest posts

Back