design anomalies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
just seen a corner seating arrangement made by a "pro".
family friends have a large kitchen, so they bought a shop made
table in oak, then decided to have a refractory style storage and
seating unit to go round two sides of it.

seating unit made in oak, and basically looks fine, but seems to me there
is a glaring error. the two seats are at approx right angles, and lift up. so they do not meet in the corner. the two seats have a vaguely cathedral pattern but in the corner the builder has not bothered to match the pattern, but put a really different figure in the corner which is divided in two
by a 45 degree angle.

is it really only me who thinks this is wrong, or do others of you feel that it is design laziness?

have to say it looks well made, just i don't know not quite all it could be.
paul :cry:

But if somebody is paying for it the time/efficiency of construction becomes much more important. Those last few details might add appreciably to the cost, although I suppose that it is these same details that might make the distinction between the ordinary and the remarkable.

Dod

Did the builder provide a sketch/drawing for the client to approve?

I will always provide my clients with a drawing, plans & elevations or maybe an isometric view at the time of quoting. Then if the quote is accepted will often make a model of the piece of furniture, I find this is a lot easier for most clients to understand and any alterations can be made before work starts.

Any chance of posting a picture of the affending item.

Jason

Back