Demonstrators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hannaby

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put together the programme for my local woodturning club (Forest of Dean Woodturners) but over the last couple of years, quite a few demonstrators have stopped travelling. Can anyone suggest any names within a reasonable distance of Gloucestershire who might be willing to do an evening demo?

I have exhausted both the AWGB and RPT lists already.

Paul , Are you seeking professional turners ? , Anyone else may feel somewhat intimidated standing up
in front of an audiance . Would they need to be insured , Any members FoD Woodturners willing ? or from a close club by invitation .

I am seeking anyone prepared to stand up in front of a club and do a demo. Most people (me included) start with doing demos at their own club and gain experience and exposure from there. Yes, the FOD club always has some demos done by it's own club members.

Nobody "needs" to be insured but it would be prudent for anyone charging for their services to cover themselves but it is up to the individual to assess the risks and mitigations. I think there are products on offer from around £30 for this.

Yes it could be someone from a neighbouring club, in which case the demonstrator might not need to take out their own insurance.

I think I have almost resolved the issue for my own club but it would still be useful to have some names for future reference.

Back