Deluxe router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, i am just starting my new router station it is norms one, i like the design and it is just the right size for me.
i am just making an order with rockler to get all those little bits we dont have over here.

the laminate like others is hard to find i have found a sourse who has got a couple of sheets that he is flogging of cheap. (once i have got mine i will give the details).

it looks like a fun project to build and i am looking forwards to starting, unfortunatly i have not got my table saw so i am going to do it all with a circular saw and straight edges.

(i know what some are thinking but if i take my time and are carfull all should be alright, i am saving for a new car so i cant afford my xcallibar right now, it will have to wait untill autum.

it wont be as cheap as i originaly thought it could be (like most things) heres a list
£107 - rockler
£25 - laminate
£50 - wood
£30 - mitre gauge (incra)
£30 - draw runners
£50 treats for new table, as you do

thats £292 :cry: :D :?:

but it should be worth it :D :cry: :?:

Best of luck with the project..router tables are the bees knees IMHO. A few thoughts.

Router?

Some type of lift?

Mitre guage (Incra)..is this the V27 at around £50 at Rutlands? If so, how are you going to cut the track for it to slide in or is that catered for by the Rockler stuff? If the latter, does the track on the mitre gauge fit the track in the Rockler?

yeah i brought the right track for the incra mitre gauge both brought from rockler.

any tips +

what does imho or what ever you wrote stand for?

imho = "in my honest opinion" in netspeak.

What do you think of the V27 Mitre gauge? How much did it cost you importing it from Rockler as well? It's the one I've been looking at to use on my table saw and router station as the table saw came with the ugliest and cheapest mitre gauge out there.

Mind you my table saw is the cheapest one I could afford at the time as well. :) I'll probably replace it sometime later this year.

Posted by colinc

Hi, seems like router table season! I've been busy on a similar design, if you're interested see:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 241#100241

I think mine is lower budget for the cabinet (about £80 to date) but I spent a lot on the unilift, eliminator chuck and a new router.

Like you I have been struggling to find suitable formica, I have bought some old stock (dull red) but it isn't the smooth shiny type I'd choose for the top surface.

regards, Colin

Modedit: Colin's post was merged from a duplicate thread on Buying advice.

Hi Bramers,

I'm about to start on the same router table myself, so I would be interested in hearing where you managed to source the laminate from. Also, the 50 pounds in your budget seems very low, so I think you must have found a far cheaper supply of birch plywood than I have seen (or are you buying in bulk?).

Apologies for all the questions, but I'm quite new to woodworking and still finding my way.

Many thanks,
Richard

Back