Delta

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltnsauce

Reaction score
Hello, new member here,
Could I ask a question and I have done research with the search button and web searches.
I am planning a scroll saw and am looking at a Delta q3 18 variable speed. It is priced a 400 with a stand and look very good in condition with little use. As far as I can see these are no longer made and are not stocked in the UK, spares seem to be difficult but then they don't seem to break. They appear to have a great reputation but are not widely seen in UK and more people seem to have other saws. I am retiring soon and will be able to spend time on my woodworking. Is my thought correct or are there better choices. many thanks

That to me sounds expensive. The Delta Quickset blade clamps are in my opinion the best out there. I have used a Delta scroll saw since the mid 1990's, the 40-560 type 2 model and it's still going strong. I also have a 40-540, well I had 2 but sold one, also another 560 which I picked up for spares. The only part of them that I've found as rare as hens teeth are the Quickset blade clamps. None of these cost more than £100.

Welcome Saltnsauce.

Yup, I think you're quite right about Delta, very good reputation, especially in the USA, but when I was looking for a new scroll saw to buy (2015), it seems they just don't exist anywhere in Europe these days. Don't think anyone imports them.

BUT a member here, "Lofty" has one (at least, may be 2) and always speaks highly of them. Because you're a new member you can't send a "Private Message "(called "Conversations" here) so in a mo I'll send him one telling him there's someone asking Q's about Delta.

I can't help you any more than that myself as I've never even seen one "in the flesh", only pix.
Cheers

That to me sounds expensive. The Delta Quickset blade clamps are in my opinion the best out there. I have used a Delta scroll saw since the mid 1990's, the 40-560 type 2 model and it's still going strong. I also have a 40-540, well I had 2 but sold one, also another 560 which I picked up for spares. The only part of them that I've found as rare as hens teeth are the Quickset blade clamps. None of these cost more than £100.
Thanks for the quick reply, I knew it was expensive but in very good condition, person paid around double that for it a few years ago, it seems a top quality saw but is expensive, I guess I will just be patient and wait on the right saw at the right price, still a few months till I retire so time yet. Many thanks for sharing your experience and expertise

Ahh, I see Lofty's already around and answered. I'll bow out.
No, don't bow out, your opinion is always most welcome. Thinking about it, at one time I had 4 Deltas, 2 560s and 2 540s, so somewhere a 560 is hiding and very nearly bought 2 570s but common sense prevailed. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No, don't bow out, your opinion is always most welcome. Thinking about it, at one time I had 4 Deltas, 2 560s and 2 540s, so somewhere a 560 is hiding and very nearly bought 2 570s but common sense prevailed. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Lofty, "you're too kind Sir" (!) but as I know nothing whatever about Delta scroll saws (as mentioned above, I've only heard stuff & seen pix) then there's not much point in me having anything to say. :)

Marky, I don't know if you've seen this old post or not about how fast Delta blade changes can be.
delta_blade_change_time.png

Latest posts

Back