Delta Tenoning Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Waka

He's asking pretty much full price for it as far as I can see. I paid £100 for mine from the same guy who imported my Unisaw.

Jeff

Anybody got any experience with the Dakota tenoning jig?

Might just be the pictures but I feel the Delta one looks a little more robust, mind you I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

Jeff":11k7jy3f said:
He's asking pretty much full price for it as far as I can see. I paid £100 for mine from the same guy who imported my Unisaw.

Who was the guy jeff.

Name: Dave. Rating: 5/5
Am very impressed - it's probably better than Norm's. Easy to adjust, rock solid, holds its settings, built like a brick outhouse. Needs modification for Jet Supersaw (possibly others) - but easy and well worth it. Slider bar needs moving - simply drill two extra fixing holes in the baseplate to move the whole jig about 2 inches closer to the blade. (Drill one hole, attach the slider fairly tightly, fit to the saw and adjust for precisely parallel travel, carefully slide off the saw without moving the slider bar, mark and drill the second hole.) Can highly recommend it - much safer than home made kit, and you'll get dead easy, accurate tenons every time. Move over Norm!

Just a small review from one person who have purchased the Dakota version from Rutlands .
Anyone else purchased the Dakota Tenoning jig as I am also interested in it ?

Sawdust Producer":1de5nyj2 said:
Name: Dave. Rating: 5/5
Am very impressed - it's probably better than Norm's. Easy to adjust, rock solid, holds its settings, built like a brick outhouse. Needs modification for Jet Supersaw (possibly others) - but easy and well worth it. Slider bar needs moving - simply drill two extra fixing holes in the baseplate to move the whole jig about 2 inches closer to the blade. (Drill one hole, attach the slider fairly tightly, fit to the saw and adjust for precisely parallel travel, carefully slide off the saw without moving the slider bar, mark and drill the second hole.) Can highly recommend it - much safer than home made kit, and you'll get dead easy, accurate tenons every time. Move over Norm!

Does this Dave bloke work for Rutlands by any chance?

Noel

Noel":1kz9yrj4 said:
Cynic :D But how he can give it 5/5 when he practically had to rebuild the thing I don't know. Presumably it's not mentioned anywhere else that it might not fit certain saws without modification? I'd look for myself, but Rutlands isn't particularly Firefox friendly so I don't visit their site if I can help it. (It's a pathetic protest, but mine own. :roll: )

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2bx8ez6t said:
Noel":2bx8ez6t said:
Cynic :D But how he can give it 5/5 when he practically had to rebuild the thing I don't know. Presumably it's not mentioned anywhere else that it might not fit certain saws without modification?

Cheers, Alf

The Delta jig that I have did not fit my Unisaw straight out of the box either. This was due to the fact that the jig was set up for a right tilit blade and my Unisaw (and the Jet SS) is left tilt.

The Delta jig however was pre drilled for a left tilt blade and just required a bit of unscrewing and reassembly which was covered in the instructions.

5/5 for something you have to re-engineer is not being objective.

Jeff

I have the delta version for about 10 years now. USe it with a dado blade. Knife the tenon(to reduce chipping) and cut each side one pass !! :lol: :lol:

Philly":2wwipias said:
Waka
There was a recent group test in FWW-they were pretty much all exactly the same with different badges, so shouldn't be a problem. Dan's email is [email protected].
Cheers
Philly :D

I had a reply from Dan he no longer imports the jigs so i guess i have got a couple of choices Make one (I have few good books on jigs, woodsmith from timelife) bid on ebay or wait until october so many choices so little time

martyn

Not hard to make your own......plans are in GWW issue ???/ can someone help.make it in a heavy hardwood and do make a guard.....works better than the delta......

2004_0303Image0064.jpg

2004_0303Image0065.jpg

Ian

Ian Dalziel":3ii2fjc2 said:
Not hard to make your own......plans are in GWW issue ???

Its pages 30 to 35 in issue 151.

If you cannot find a copy, PM me I may be able to help. :)

I have not made one, I bought a second hand Delta on ebay from the states last year. :roll:

Back