Delta Tenoning Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if ya'al can order from Woodcraft but they have a pretty reasonable jig. Don't know how to change currency and all them VAT's,FAT's & CAT"s ya got over there. 69.95 US

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4847

web4847.jpg

Slim,

Apart from the colour (color) and the clamp handle being a wheel, that looks to be the same as the Delta that I bought, but cheaper. :x ](*,)

These babies look the business and if my saw had US style mitre slots, I am sure I would have one. However, a simple low cost solution is to make a jig that holds the wood and registers against the saw's own fence. A suitably sized spacer between jig and fence can be used to ensure the two cuts are the width of tenon required.

DSC_3466.jpg

Chris":2mk1x1qs said:
However, a simple low cost solution is to make a jig that holds the wood and registers against the saw's own fence.

Thats also a must (if like on my Sheppach) the mitre slot is not parallel to the blade :evil:

Good suggestion Chris.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

I recently bought the 2500 and had a real problem with the blade being out of alignment with the mitre slots. Makes me wonder what people do, who buy the saw without the sliding table. Anyway after much crawling under the saw and loosening and tightening and levering (wife helping with lever whilst I tightened)I have now got the blade absolutely parallel, which of course neccessitates resetting the sliding table. which in itself was out of square because the adjustable bearings weren't set right. It would seem that this is a good saw but the fiddling and fettling needed to get the best out of them is quite a task. I spent hours on mine because the setting is hit and miss, it's a question of keep trying until it's right .I made a wooden sled which held a digital vernier to keep measuring off a known good blade.

Just should also say I don't believe this is just a Scheppach problem either.

cheers Alan

[Waka] Anybody got any experience with the Dakota tenoning jig?

Might just be the pictures but I feel the Delta one looks a little more robust, mind you I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I bought the Dakota Tenoning jig from Rutlands in July for my Scheppach TS2500. Admittedly it needed adapting - the base needed drilling and tapping and a new slider bar was required.....but when you realise how easy this jig makes tenoning the effort was well worth it. I was well impressed. :)

Woody Alan":2xlof8xm said:
Tim

I recently bought the 2500 and had a real problem with the blade being out of alignment with the mitre slots.

I talked to NMA at D&M tools about this, and they said firstly, you need to make sure the riving knife clamp isn't out of position, as clamp gets bent and moves something or other out of alignement (causes some twist of something or other), also, you need to check the stop which limits the upper travel of the blade as you wind it out of the table isn't loose, otherside as you raise the blade, it hits the underneath of the table and pulls the blade out of alignment, and if you've done all those things, you can undo all the bolts around the outside, and from memory 2 somewhere behind the riving knife and twist the table slightly and tighten up.

If people are having trouble - the man to speak to is Alan at NMA agencies - he showed me what to do, and also showed me a bracket which a customer had tightened up out of position which was bent - so the things I've put at the top of the list really do make a difference.

Adam

martyn2":297yd3fr said:
I belive rutlands do a similar one but not delta is a Dakota Tenoning Jig at £89.00 if you miss out on this one

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... 1,0,0,1|1|

I bought the heavy duty one from Rocklers $69.99 (£39) OK I had to wait 6 weeks for delivery. I bought a load of other stuff which totalled about $130 add the shipping and being nailed for the vat paid on delivery I still saved £'s

Here's a link to Rocklers offer
Link

Mod edit to reduce link length

Back