Delta 46-255 Pulley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedmaster09

Reaction score
Hi there.
I am new to this site and am in need of some advice, I have been given a Delta 46-255 lathe but it needs a new pulley as the one that is on there is broken. I need the top pulley which is on the gear shaft. I have contacted several companies but none stock them anymore. This morning I spoke to a guy at Axminster as I was told one of their models used the same sized pulley but they also don’t stock them so am a bit stuck. Does anybody know if I can acquire one from somewhere. Thanks

Pulleys are fairly standard things usually, but the bore can vary quite a lot.
Find out the size of the pulley (working dia and width), type (V-belt/profile, poly-V/ribbed etc), and diameter of the bore and, if you're lucky, you'll find a direct replacement. If not, you should be able to find a taper bush/pulley combination that'll do the job.
Loads of info here although you do have to dig around a bit: https://shop.eriks.co.uk/en/mechanical- ... nsmission/.
This may be a bit easier:http://www.dunlopbtl.com/transmission-catalogue
Armed with the info, hit the 'net! There used to be some suppliers on eBay but I can't remember their names, just search for the item you want e.g. SPA 150 x 1.
Hope that helps,
Duncan

Presume that the lathe has the Reeves style variable pulley.

DSC00586.jpg

I'm surprised Axminster do not have a spare, they used to be the go to source for pulleys that if not a direct replacement were capable of being modified (bores) to fit the variously badged versions.

Hi Chas, Yes that is the same as mine, i was given the lathe by a friend he bought it 16 years ago but never used it. The pulley was well and truly stuck on the shaft and had gone very soft and unfortunately broke when trying to remove it which I finally did. The guy at Axminster was very good but after a lot of searching couldn’t find a replacement. I have been searching the net for ages but can’t find another lathe which uses the same pulley.

Hi speedmaster09 did you manage to find anywhere that stocks the pulleys one of mine has just disintegrated in my hands. Devastated is an understatement.

Back