Delta 40-500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I have just been looking on e-bay and there is a Delta 40-500 scroll saw going. I am not familiar with this saw. It states that is has variable speed, would anyone know what the speed range is? It has quick release clamps and a quick tension lever and has only been used a few times, it looks to be in brilliant nick. Overall how would you rate the saw, I don't thinkit is like one of the chiwanese cheapies. Many thanks.

Geoff

hi Geoff
i think this would be a good saw to use, i use the 40-570 which has the quickset II blade change and i love mine, i have had a delta for about 6 years or more and never had any problems at all, nothing to loose in my opinion.

A few months ago these saws were selling for £35. How times change!

I agree with Steve - these saws were made to a much higher standard than most modern saws are today and a second-hand elderly Delta is probably better value than a brand new 'introductory level' saw. It'll be interesting to see what the final price is.

The bid on it so far is £50 and there is a day and 13 hours to go. Problem is I cannot contact the guy that is selling it so I may have to put a bid in tomorrow but is it worth more than £50 ? Thanks Steve and Gill for your comments.

Back