Delta 25 piece sanding drum set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the horizontal pressure exerted on the chuck/drive shaft when using sanding drums increase the chances of run out when used for drilling holes?

Andy

It may well do, Andy. I try not to put much pressure on the drum sander because of this, and I haven't had any noticably increased runout.

NeilCFD

Roger,

They are chalk & cheese. The first ones are very small (38mm high, biggest diameter 38mm) and you have to use the sleeve-type abrasives which limits your options on grits etc. This set can be found in a lot of cheap tool shops - I got mine for around €6(£4). Worth having for that sort of price though.

The second set are much bigger (3" high, biggest diameter 3") which makes them much more useful - I used my cheap set on that chair I posted, and I had to make two passes to sand at two different heights as the usable portion of the drum wasn't tall enough for my 40mm thick timber. They are also MUCH better quality and you can use any abrasives you like.

Neil

Roger,

Neil has answered your question. :D
I have the second set you pointed out and they are very useful. 8) I use three different grades of abrasive cut from rolls bought from Screwfix. :) You can swap grades and the used strip can be reused for the next job. :lol:

Dave/Neil...just took delivery of a set (Axminster excelled themselves with delivery times ...less than 24 hours of placing the order!).

Three questions....what speed do you use on the drill. Fastest?

How do you change the paper?

What's that little bent bit of soft metal for?

Cheers

Roger

Roger,

I'll let Dave answer that because I haven't got the expensive set... :roll:

Neil

Back