Deliveries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Since plunging into this wonderful hobby/pastime/addiction of butchering wood I have had many an occasion to order stuff from most of the major and smaller suppliers of tools and hardware.

Now, I have never had a problem as such with delivery times, if advised correctly.

My big beef is when a firm claims to specifically be able to make a delivery in a certain amount of time, doesn't, then gets uppity when you ring up to complain and ask for compensation.

In the past I have had reason to take certain firms to task about this and in a couple of cases issue summons when they have refused to play ball.

I founded one case on what I considered to be unfair T&C's, a case I quickly won after the said firm realised it would probably ( if it lost the case) to have to redraft its T & C's.

In other cases I have managed to talk to the MD's and have seemingly made my point judging by the responses I have received.

No one can expect perfection as to delivery times, as a 'Perfect' world it ain't.

.........So, all you suppliers out there. Don't make promises you can't keep

I would much prefer to be told the truth and wait an extra day than to have a promise that is then broken, particlarly if I have paid a premium for the delivery.

The most annoying thing though is when you order something on the Internet that is apparently in stock only to be advised some time later( days sometimes) that it isn't, and meanwhile the said firm banks your money.

These 'so called' suppliers should be 'Shot @ Dawn IMO.

Having had my rant I will say that many firms do strive to do their best and are a real boon to people like myself who live many miles from a decent toolshop or hardware supplier.

What brought that on then?

I've just hit my thumb with a hammer :shock: :lol:

Nah, fortunately not.

Its basically not just one event but the culmination of my own experiences and others I have read about on this and other forums.

Judging by these responses it seems incredible to me how blaise some suppliers are to this part of their business, and how miffed they get when you take them to task as if you are picking on them. :)

Keeping promises on delivery is part of the contract imo and is part of the service you pay for, not an optional extra.

Trying to dodge out of em by some obscure small print hidden away on page 86 para 9c of the T& C's ain't on either.

Sheesh, I could get addicted to this ranting :lol:

bilzee":2zqt0l2d said:
The most annoying thing though is when you order something on the Internet that is apparently in stock only to be advised some time later( days sometimes) that it isn't, and meanwhile the said firm banks your money.
Bet I know who you were thinking of when you typed that.

Anyway, bilzee, didn't you know that customers are just an annoying by-product of making money via commerce? If you ignore them long enough they'll go away...

Er... hang on. There's a hitch there somewhere... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back