dehumidifier problems - freezing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
For the second time in as many months the fins on my dehumidifier have frozen and I suspected melted as there was a large pool of water on the workshop floor last night.

I have an ebac 2600e. Which does have an autodefrost facility. The first time this happened the ice had frozen right through the filter and the rear cover.

Is it likely that the autodefrost mechanism has broken - am I likely to be able to repair it?.
I'll phone ebac later but any similar experiences here may be useful.

Andy

Hi andy

don`t know about your make of machine, but when this happened to me it was a sticking valve that was to blame.It changes the flow to the rad and allowes heated gas to flow. has yours stuck?? a tap used to fix mine.
hope it`s of some help.
Norman

Dusty places workshops, could that be the root of the problem?

Considering putting in a dehumidifier myself this winter so would be interested if dust could be a problem.

Also I have had a quote from fuel utility company STAYWARM/Powergen as a pensioner I would be entitled to a different tariff.

£64 per month Electricity and Gas and as much as I can use and price capped for one year.

I think with dust extraction, dehumidifier, the wife wanting lots of heat in the winter this could be a good tariff???????????

Devonwoody
We have not long signed up with swalec, similar contract fixed for a year 3 bedroom house two people living in it £58 month.

Les

Hi DW

have been with staywarm for some years now, I pay weekly out of the pension. removes all of the worries about the bills. wife likes HOT HOT and I don`t have to worry about cost`s in the workshop. I have both elec & gas.
what with the price rise`s, at the very least its fixed for the year.
Regards
Norman

After reading an article that suggested airflow over the fins can cause them to freeze up I ramped up the fan to max and after 24 hours the fins and defrosted enough for me to remove the filter. I now suspect that the filter may be the problem. It is a bactiguard high performance filter - it was the last one in a pack of various filters - and perhaps it is just too dense to allow sufficient air over the fins?

I've now switched the fan speed down to minimum with no filter at all and I'll monitor any ice build up over the coming weeks. It is very unlikely that I'll be making any dust for a while so this should be OK. I'll then try it with a standard filter.

Andy

Back