• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Deep fill circular euro-hinger hole to accept screw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

DigitalM

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had to plumb in new dishwasher tonight as the previous one went boom. It's an integrated one where you screw a door of the same style as the rest of your units onto the door of the dishwasher.

Problem is that there's a damn great euro-hinge hole right where the screw needs to land in the door from the new dishwasher. This wasn't a problem before with the previous dishwasher door design, and could be ignored.

Any suggestions on what can be used to fill this effectively then accept a screw? I was wondering about some sort of epoxy thing or plastic padding or something?

IMG_7405-2.jpg

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
just make a button from real wood and epoxy it in.....
I wish that was the only prob I had when fitting a new integrated d/washer...
dont ask...

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, a button of real wood. It doesn't need to fit particularly well as long as the bottom is flat - that's the part you're gluing, really - the gaps can be filled with epoxy or two part wood filler.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate integrated appliances, always a pain.

Cut out a block of mdf or any wood using jigsaw, bandsaw, holesaw etc. Epoxy it in so it doesn't need to be super accurate. Araldite or a clone of it will do a great job.

Ollie

DigitalM

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a right old snootle around through every offcut I have and couldn't believe my luck, a perfect 35mm ash dowel! That and a flush cut saw and job done!

Thx all.

IMG_7411.JPG

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score

just in case the wood doesnt take a screw, how about something like this to cover the hole then use a self tapper

Latest posts