Dee-dah, dee-dah...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
As two -tone work seems to be a la mode again (Philly's chest of drawers, Roys tall clock, my Mackintosh wardrobe to name but three), I thought I'd add to the list with this little bandstand clock. It's from a design by Gary Rance. The timbers are Macassar Ebony and Rippled Sycamore. The movement is from Craft Supplies and the finish is Chestnut Shellac Sanding Sealer and Friction Polish
Gary%20Rance%20Clock%20(Small).jpg

Better if I'd built it turned90 degrees (the ripples would show better). I'm sure a skilled turner could make it in a day and It's taken me several days, but never mind, I'm reasonably pleased with it.
Cheers
Steve

Great looking piece, Steve

What size are the major componets and where did you source the clock fitting

Tony

Steve,

It looks very pretty. I am not normally a fan of very pronounced two tone stuff (preferring shades of a similar colour) but that works for me.

Thank you all.

Neil - Tom hasn't started yet!
(Everyone else - you may remember me suggesting a comp where we all made the same thing. This is what I had in mind, and I challenged my uncle Tom to a duel.)

Tony - movement from Craft Supplies. 290 high by 190 dia. Ish.

Cheers
Steve

Steve Maskery":njt7f7ws said:
(Everyone else - you may remember me suggesting a comp where we all made the same thing. This is what I had in mind, and I challenged my uncle Tom to a duel.)
And now you've proved why no-one fancied the challenge...
blink.gif
Not a skilled turner, my foot.
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

Smashing job.

Of course, such ability makes me feel even more reluctant to venture into my own w/shop!

JAS

Nice decorative piece Steve.

I expect it was a welcome relief to work on a small intricate piece after struggling with the huge wardrobes.

Regards

Roy

Lovely piece Steve.

As the only piece of wood i've turned is when my
drill bit got stuck, i'm glad i never took you up on it :shock:

TX

Back