Dedication to Patience a beautiful project (with pics)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share a good friend of mines dedication to patience. It is a model of St Andrews Club house (Royal and Ancient). It took 3 years to build; the first year he had it almost done but in a fit of frustration smacked it with a golf club into small bits then started again. He is now working on a model of Ibrox (Glasgow Rangers football club)
He offered to sell it to the clubhouse but they wanted it for free so its sitting in his living room for now, it has a glass dome built around it now for protection
It is built entirely of wood except for the door hinges and railing which he cast with brass. The base is ply and the rest is a mixture of timbers. I don’t know what scale its too but it is pretty big when standing next to it and is awesome to look at.
His only power tool is an old draper bench top bandsaw the rest was done with his handtools. He retired from joinery 4 years ago and this is what now keeps him busy
Just like to say Tom what a remarkable project and I cant wait to see ibrox

RAMODEL1001.jpg

RAMODEL1007.jpg

RAMODEL1017.jpg

RAMODEL006.jpg

regards
Ian

That's some model. How anyone can have the patience for that sort of detail is beyond me.

Andy

This is an amazing model. I can't believe the clubhouse had the cheek to want it for free.

Pass on my Félicitations on a remarkable work :D

Ian Dalziel":3s95l90x said:
He offered to sell it to the clubhouse but they wanted it for free

And we all know there's no money in professional golf, don't we? :roll: :evil:.

Excellent work indeed!

Somebody, somewhere must want it... is there a golf museum somewhere? Perhaps some publicity in the woodworking mags might bring an offer from someone?

Wow,

give my "Im not worthies" to Tom, thats a fantastic model.

As for the gold club battering, a man after my own heart,
been there done that, got the piles of scrap to prove it :oops:

Signal

I'll pass on the messages, Tom unfortunately does know how to turn on a computer as yet but with his skill's who cares

Alf

I cant beleive your speechless

Ian

Ian

Remarkable.

I'm sure there would be some well heeled professional or amateur golfers prepared to pay a realistic sum for such a unique item.

Roy

Absolutely amazing 8) I don’t think you could put a price on the skill and patience that has gone into making it but expecting it for free is 'a bit' of a cheek :? ...

Truly wonderful. 8) 8) 8)

The only thing i'd say Ian, is,
did your friend Tom build the model as a hobby or as a
commercial venture?

Now i'd assume it was for the pleasure, considering the
length of time and patience needed to complete, therefore,
what greater pleasure could there possibly be than to know
it was in a glass cabinet, at St. Andrews, on display to royalty,
golf pro's, celeb's, politicians etc, etc, with his name proudly
written below it.

It would certainly be a crowning moment for me.
( well alright, a miracle in my case)

TX

Back