Decking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defsdoor

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost done my decking -
IMAG0179.jpg

Just some steps to go. Done it all on my own in 3 weekends and evenings after work.

More pics and plans here - http://www.defsdoor.org/gallery/v/defsd ... c/decking/

Charlie Woody":2fegiy2x said:
However you can't take all the credit as you had two helpers!!!

Haha, yeah I bet they were loads of help, "Daddy what's that bit?", "Daddy what doing?" "Daddy why you making a floor?"... :lol:

Seriously though, lookin good mate. Well played.

Cheers _Dan.

That looks to be "the business" and well done actually getting to complete an outside project in a very short time in this worst of all summers!

I ended up buying a cheap gazebo from Lidl so I could leave the saw out - otherwise I would have done myself an injury putting it away everytime the rain threatened - and it threatened a lot.

It was my first foray into using Google Sketchup too and I really enjoyed it. I pretty much cut every piece of wood from plan.

The decking I installed at our old house was a simple floor frame that was laid on the floor to line up the post holes and then lifted into place once they were set. I liked the idea of making piers this time and resting the floor frame on that and it was so much easier. Which was good because I had no one to help me on this one. It feels much sturdier too.

I just need to sort the steps out now and add some decking fascias to it. Then wait for a gap in the clouds and have nice cold drink with my feet up on it. Heres hoping anyway.

Back