Deck and viynl stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy69

Established Member
Reaction score
I made this for my teenage daughter who is currently borrowing my technics 1210 and quite a few of my records. Made from scrap cherry ply that was left over from our kitchen about 9 years ago. Been in the shed and was a bit damp and warped. Was a hell of a job to get the mitred edges to meet at glue up. Cut with a festool ts55 and joined with mafell duo doweller. Finished with boiled linseed oil. I'm quite happy with it as it looks 'vintage' without me trying for that look😂. Mid shelf had to be joined with 2 pieces of mixed grain as I ran out of wood.
20210506_074734.jpg
20210506_074643.jpg

Nice job. I like the bevel on the front edges.
Reminds me I must get my 1210s out again. I need to make some kind of minimalist folding coffee table thing for them.

Ollie

Nice job. I like the bevel on the front edges.
Reminds me I must get my 1210s out again. I need to make some kind of minimalist folding coffee table thing for them.

Ollie
Thanks. That's the first bevel and mitred piece I've done. I like the result but I need to be more accurate as my doweller is very unforgiving.

Nice. I've been meaning to build something similar for my record deck, which is in regular use but currently on a glass shelf on top of an old speaker stand. I had a look on 'the bay' for mid century looking record deck cabinets. Some very silly prices, If you had made yours out of reclaimed pallets and added metal legs you could have asked for £££.

My AR speakers are nice teak finish, so will seek out something similar. Deck and speakers had their 40th birthday in 2019, the amp is only 25 though, the original Trio tuner amp went phut (literally) after 15 years and was beyond economic repair. Speakers needed refoaming and new capacitors last year, surprised how easy that was.

I like your mitred edges :)

I'd like to make my own speakers at some point. ATM I have tannoy DMT 8's but they're nearfield so not really suitable for the home. I love them but the wife does not. I really fancy doing a full range horn speaker of some kind to go with my Croft acoustics valve amp. Projects are piling up!

Back