Decimal points matter ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":1ko4tzvl said:
Rich C":1ko4tzvl said:
Aren't prescription drugs usually measured in mg, hence no decimals anyway?
Milligrammes, microgrammes ......... decimals of a gramme.
Not sure how imperial helps then, given the smallest unit is a grain? Or are you suggesting that working in fractions is less error prone than decimals?

around here the drugs are still sold in imperial. nobody ever buys 3.5g of herbal tobacco...

Bit bored this morning, so I've dug up some facts on big fat mama;
Designed in 1999, 4 subs to be built.
In 2013 it was discovered the first one was too heavy
They decided to increase bouyancy by adding 10 metres to its length.
Once completed, they realised it would not fit into the submarine dock, so had to extend it.
The propulsion system designed to allow it to stay underwater for two weeks, is years behind schedule and wildly over budget.
The first 2 subs will go to sea using only the standby deisel engines

So far, total cost PER SUB, is Euro 1000,000,000 (most likely not the final number)

The total population of Spain is 46.72 million (2018)
Every living person in spain (man, woman, child) has contributed Euro 21,405 to this project.

I thought only whitehall could screw up things that badly :roll: :shock:

Oh but they do Bob,

But those who know, are reminded they signed the Official Secrets Act.

AND
Are made to sign a 60 page (well mine was!) none disclosure contract in return for a very nice retirement bonus.

You realise you are now a marked man, dont you :shock: =D>
let us know what the inside of the Tower is like. 8)

Those kind of weighty documents are a hangover from the days when solicitors charged by the word (instead of just making up a number as they do now).
I can do you a non disclosure in one sentence;

"I promise to tell nobody about anyffink wot concerns you, on pain of death (or worse)".

There, that wasnt hard was it, That'll be 98 grand please. 8)

Back