Decent timber in Surrey

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently moved to Surrey, near Woking. I'm looking for recommendations for a timber merchant. At the moment I need a bit of durable softwood, larch or similar, for joinery repairs.

Thanks!

Champion in Guildford is good for softwood but expensive.
Alloway in West Byfleet is good for general stuff.
They're the two that I use.

Last edited:
For good quality hardwoods etc I used Surrey Timbers as above when I lived in Guildford, Bramley and Cranleigh. Pretty good, not cheap. Will do deals when they can see you are becoming a regular.

For good quality hardwoods etc I used Surrey Timbers as above when I lived in Guildford, Bramley and Cranleigh. Pretty good, not cheap. Will do deals when they can see you are becoming a regular.
Some of my milled oak go to surrey timbers

I've been to Surrey timbers a few times. I don't think they have a lot of softwood there, but I'm sure they'll tell you if you give them a call.

It's the only timber merchant I've ever been to so I've nothing to compare it too (I want to go to English Woodlands timber in W Sussex, but they're not letting members of the public in at the moment, or at least they weren't when I last checked).

The good things about it are that they have loads of interesting bits of timber (including some amazing tropical hardwoods if you're into that sort of thing) and they're very happy for amateurs like me to go rifling through their stacks. I've only bought oak and some very small pieces of ABW and maple. As said above, I suspect it's expensive but I haven't really shopped around to compare prices.

Matt Estlea did a YouTube video about it which might be worth a watch before you visit.

Back