• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Decent quality splitting axes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. It's all settled...
Me an a nice bottle and a half of well chilled verdiccio discussed it in exhaustive detail last night after a pleasant meal of garlic and chilli fried prawns. We were both reasonable but in the end we both knew that the other was right and agreed to disagree. However. The slippery b*gger waited till I was watching some music on youtube then he went online and ordered a forest aby axe and a splitter by Hultafors.
The cheek.
It was almost inevitable.
Almost ...

I'll post some pics when they arrive.

*Sigh
I can't believe he went behind my back!

🧐

Well. It's all settled...
Me an a nice bottle and a half of well chilled verdiccio discussed it in exhaustive detail last night after a pleasant meal of garlic and chilli fried prawns. We were both reasonable but in the end we both knew that the other was right and agreed to disagree. However. The slippery b*gger waited till I was watching some music on youtube then he went online and ordered a forest aby axe and a splitter by Hultafors.
The cheek.
It was almost inevitable.

*Sigh
I can't believe he went behind my back!

🧐
Chuckles.
I follow your logic. Odd how many 'nice to have' items are bought late in the day in the company of a bottle of wine....

I'm as interested in your sharpening sequence.
I bought a tiny axe (aid with tree root removal) and brought it up nicely with a random orbital sander fastened in the vice.

Nipping it in the bud before anyone mentions stages of the moon or unicorn blood I'm keeping my sorby proedge and my diamond laps. :)

Back