death by DIY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
did anyone see the death by DIY show last night on BBC1 where the asian guy cut his whole hand off with a chop saw??

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ow my god!!!!! is all i can say to that

I didn't watch it all but I caught that bit - painful but not quite sure how he managed to do it :?

Of all my power tools the chop saw is the one that I could most imagine losing body parts with.

This fear helps to concentrate the mind somewhat when I use this saw, but I could easily imagine not concentrating, holding the piece of wood to be chopped, moving my hand to the wrong place and ........OUCH!!!!!

cut his hand off?

OUCH :oops: You'd think he would take the pressure off the handle before he got right through?

Maybe he thought he may aswell finish the job off nice and cleanly :twisted:

Yeah there is some internet database with lots of accidents. I read about a guy in the US who was on a roof with a pneumatic nailer. It got jammed, he looed down the barrel without dis-conneting the air hose. The nail shot into his eye, causing him to jump back and fall off the roof. He broke BOTH legs and was blinded in one eye permenantly!

Pray it happens to none of us. As long as your sensible its OK and that is an example of stupidity!

The question is how many of us can say we have never lost consentrasion at some time and injured ourselves a little bit :cry: I wish i could say i hadent. :(
Mick

Depends what you mean. I doubt theres not one woodworker who hasn't cut them selfs with a hand saw, or chisel or knife etc...

Thankfully i've never hurt myself on anything with a motor. I scratched my arm up when I tried to change a blad though :x

Asian Guys chopping their hands off, suicide bombers whatever next? On a brighter side at least he can get a manicure half price :lol:

Back