Dear Marge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear Marge

Why is it that everyone's pictures have a clean floor?

When I'm woodworking I seem to get stuff all over the place. What am I doing wrong?

Can you help please?

Scruffy of Malvern :wink:

Roger

my 11 year old daughter Hannah, who has posted here with her birdbox project, regualrly comes into my workshop at weekends, puts on her own ear protectors and procedes to clean the shop all over using the 4" dust extractor hose. I love her for it :wink:

Roger

Do you think its because most of us want others to see our workshop all nice and tidy. I have to admit that when I'm working it tends to be a shambles, but prior to taking pic's I have a good tidy up. I would suspect that most of us do the same.

Tony, child labour was outlawed many years ago! :shock:
However it is acceptable if this is a training position for future wife duties. :D :D
Presume you are renumerating her with pocket money! At least 2quid a cleanup?
:D

Waka":1d32lknj said:
prior to taking pic's I have a good tidy up. I would suspect that most of us do the same.
'Fraid so. :oops: Just a small area round the action though - hence the paucity of wide angle shots... :wink: I tell myself it's so the point of the pic isn't lost in the midst of the clutter, but it's just vanity really. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

I cannot be the only one to remember surely?

Marjorie Proops / - Dear Marje *SIGNED*
Andre Deutsch, 1976, 1st Edition - SIGNED BY AUTHOR, Hard Back in Dust Jacket, Very Good / No Jacket
204pp. Signed by Marjorie Proops on the title page. Collections of articles, correspondence and anecdotes from the queen of agony aunts, Marjorie Proops (1911-96). Marjorie Proops was the best known "agony aunt" in Great Britain, spending most of her caeer answer letters sent to the Daily Mirror problem page. Cloth-covered boards v sl rubbed at edges.

UNQUOTE

Jaco":13uo0syb said:
Presume you are renumerating her with pocket money! At least 2quid a cleanup?
:D

SHe has drawn up a schedule and costs per clean on the whiteboard in my workshop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good girl. :D
My boys and i used to have a Start-of-Summer negotiation around the price of lawn mowing split into 3 sections. 8)
We also ran a loan + interest scheme. Made them very aware of the value of money and that you get nothing for nothing and 3/8's of f... all for a tickey. :D :D
(I think we are called Scrooge the Jewish-Scot :D :D :D )

Tony":2c9une5j said:
Roger

my 11 year old daughter Hannah, who has posted here with her birdbox project, regualrly comes into my workshop at weekends, puts on her own ear protectors and procedes to clean the shop all over using the 4" dust extractor hose. I love her for it :wink:

Isn't there a "supposed" safety risk in that? If it sucks up a nail, it gets whacked through the fan, gives a spark, and then the sparks drops into a nice bed of sawdust where it can smoulder for many hours?

Adam

Adam":3br7ulql said:
Isn't there a "supposed" safety risk in that? If it sucks up a nail, it gets whacked through the fan, gives a spark, and then the sparks drops into a nice bed of sawdust where it can smoulder for many hours?

Another good reason to go for a cyclone the fan is up stream of the dust collection. 8) :D

Waka said:

but prior to taking pic's I have a good tidy up.

Judging from the router table thread, souldn't that read have a good tidy up and move the festool boxes into view????? :wink:

Back