Dear Marge, a football question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear Marge

I have a problem with my football club and it is causing me restless nights.

My football team, as at May 2004, was 29.6m in the red. Since then our esteemed owner has continued to pay premiership wages to some fairly poorly performing Championship players.

We managed to sell our captain last week and we might get rid of another five or ten players this week. But my question is Marge, can you please suggest a way to beam us back to pre-Hammam days when playing in the "old" third and fourth divisions was really good.

Thank you for listening. I feel better already.

Cheers
Neil

Sorry to be unable to offer any helpful advice but I do have a (real) question

Which team is it?

Neil i feel for you, i had similar sleepless nights until a Russian came along and now all my dreams have come true :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I've just noticed that the name of our latest member is - Marge.

:roll:

Gill

Hi all

Tony it is my home town team, Cardiff City.

UKTony, we can't all have a russian. :roll:

SP, yes, you're right there. At least Wales are winning at rugby.

Gill, yes I noticed that as well and I was expecting a reply to my post from her.

Cheers
Neil

heated debate the other day was over some game on the box.. to hear em you'd think it was the highest scorin game on record... 0-0...

a youngun there says... pfaa... football... haven't watched a game in... Ohhhh must be 2 years...

I burst out laughin...

haven't watched a game in over 30 years... you'd think that with the price they're payin for them players, you'd expect more consistant results.. so I figured... why not give em a ball each... ref an linesman too... let em all have some fun... the park's big enough...

pippers threw me out..!! :shock: :shock: :roll:

Dear Neil

You boys and your balls. I fear that those halcyon days you refer to have long gone. I blame the TV myself or is it Robert Murdoch...Oh, I get so confused these days.

I think it is far better to focus your energies on the tools in your hand and not worry about a group of silly boys chasing around a muddy field after an inflated salary (oops..sorry football)

Dear Marge

Dear Marge

I'm sorry but it is so easy to blame Rupert Murdoch, much as I would like to, but whilst whilst television revenues will have played a part this scenario is much more basic.

It is all about the love of money and a one hundered million property deal. There, I've said it now. :shock:

Oh, thank you Marge I feel so much better now.

Cheers
Neil

Back