Dealing with neighbour and his bonfires.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure whether the "only after 7pm" is an urban myth when it comes to having a bonfire or whether it is law, but my neighbour seems to think that any time after 3pm is a good time and I think it is really inconsiderate. On the rare occasion I have one, I tend to wait till it is dark so that it does not impact anyone.

Would it be acceptable for me to do my PPL and use one of these ?

7866515850_cd0bf0dd50.jpg

Document and report it and the council from ban him permanently if it causes a regular nuisance by using an abatement order.

The after 7pm thing is a myth but guidelines state that they should only be lit at appropriate times.

Our Council has banned bonfires completely (except Nov 5th).
Rubbish to be taken to the HWRC.

Rod

Interesting. A ban is the best way as they are a complete pain. My other neighbour had their washing out and it would have had to all be rewashed. I will speak with the council on Tuesday about it.

I had the same problem with my neighbour so I went and did a Victor Meldrew on her
seems to have stopped her for the time being

Harbo":3bzkodp5 said:
Our Council has banned bonfires completely (except Nov 5th).
Rubbish to be taken to the HWRC.
Rod
... or just have one really big one once a year :)

toysandboats":2zp1hkfx said:
Not sure whereabouts you are in Dorset, but I found this document from North Dorset Council.

Bonfires

David
Thanks David. A printed out copy put through his letter box should be a good start

Where I live we're actually in a smokeless zone so you're not allowed bonfires at all. BBQ's are ok.
I think it's pretty common in suburban areas. You could check if you're in one or not with the council.

Bonfires seem to be very popular in my part of the world................

It looks more as if they are trying to ban BBQs mate? :shock: :shock:

They stopped those type of bonfires at the end of the Cathar Albegensian Crusade several hundred years back in this part of the country when Montsegure was captured and 210 of they Cathars were BBQed, somewhere in the 1200s :wink:

Jonzjob":2ebbc0x2 said:
It looks more as if they are trying to ban BBQs mate? :shock: :shock:

They stopped those type of bonfires at the end of the Cathar Albegensian Crusade several hundred years back in this part of the country when Montsegure was captured and 210 of they Cathars were BBQed, somewhere in the 1200s :wink:

Are you seriously suggesting we're 800 yrs behind the modern world? If you are, you're spot on John. The past is another country and I live there...:)

Speaking of fires, our local fire station went on fire last week.

Back