dead Elu belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippymart

Established Member
Reaction score
My nice 3" Elu belt sander has died. Motor problem I think.
Does anyone know if Dewalt service centres will be able to fix or anywhere in Surrey that might be able to fix this old favourite of mine. Its about 15 years old.
Cheers :(

I have in the past used Wokingham Tools, Woodley, on the outskirts of Reading. They have an in house repair shop. They have done a few decent repairs for me eg a capacitor replacement for £19 and returned the next day.

May be a bit of a trip for you from Guildford.
Al

Hi Chippymart

Great shame you're at the other end of the country from me as I could possibly have a solution.

My much loved Elu 157E died a few years ago though from memory is was a gearing part and the motor is ok. I remember searching for parts but they were either too expensive or not available at the time.
A bit older than yours at about 20+ years but I don't think they changed anything on later models and the only difference between my" E" version and standard was the electronic controller.

I'm happy to give it away foc for spares but it would be difficult for me to post or courier it as we both work and nowhere near a post office. Not in often either to wait for a courier to collect, but if you have anyone in this part of the world who could collect, it's yours if you want it.

I have the sanding frame for it as well and the original instruction booklet.

Bob

hi
my did the same last year , i changed the brushes and away it went again. got them from data tools Cardiff they may post.
john

Hi Chippymart

It's worth checking the brushes first. I haven't got that model but they are usually under a couple of big black screws. I think Miles Tools may do replacements.

Chris

Thanks guys
Having looked at the brushes they do look well worn so hopefully it is only that. Thanks Mr T, Miles Tools do replacements so will give a go.

Back