Day out anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf
what went wrong, Bean? Couldn't get away in time eh?

It wasn't for the want of trying, But Tony had his wife lie in front of the car, still I should not complain as he did leave me some room in the glove box for my purchases............nice man :D

Bean

Tony, that’s quite a haul. I should have realised by the amount you car was weighed down. Have you cut it to size for you particular project or just into more manageable pieces?

It was good to meet everyone on Saturday and start putting faces to some of the names. This was also my first visit to a ‘proper’ timber yard so all in all an interesting day.

Unlike the others I did not leave with a great stash of wood. The pieces on the pallets were to short for my next job and someone (not a ukworkshop member) was buying all the long lengths of beech when I arrived. I don’t yet have the room to store speculative timber so I will need to source what I need nearer to the time.

I didn’t leave empty handed though. Brimarc was there demonstrating the Tormek, which I have been considering for a while when they offered me a good deal I succumbed and came a way with a 2006. Spent the rest of the weekend sharpening everything I could lay my hands on and I must say it really is as easy as everyone says.

All in all a good day – even the weather was kind to us.

Andrew

I can confirm that Andrew fought hard for a great deal on the Tormek :D

not cut the wood down yet as I still have to finish my 18-month old bedside cabinets first :oops: :oops:

Back