Day of the Triffids

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the Howard Keel version John, that John Wyndham disowned.
That one, like 'tother evening's version may have been entertaining in their own right, but neither bore much resemblance to the book.
'Night of the Triffids' by Simon Clark was also dreadful IMO.

Roy.

Oh, dear you have all put me off. I have recorded the two episodes to watch tomorrow.

Read the Kraken Awakes after hearing it as a play on the radio and had to read the book, (was still a school boy) then read the rest of the John Wyndem stories in order.
The films are never as good as the book

matt":ukkdjyvp said:
My "problem" is I find it really hard to sit in front of the TV. If the program is bad (IMO) then my put-up-with-and-enjoy versus go-do-something-else urge is automatically pre-disposed-to-go-to-something else.

I can't watch Merlin (the 2 recent BBC series) for the reason that it's not even close to the original legend, let alone the inconsistancies for the time period being portrayed in respect of the relationships which should be forming, and that a whole load of people are going to grow up and not realise that the TV version is not the original legend.

I wish they'd been more adventurous with the theme and set it in modern day and loosely on the characters, all the inconsistencies wouldn't bother me so much.

Ack, I'm getting old, I'm starting to sound like my parents did when it came to pop when I was a kid!

Back