David Charlesworth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with all the sentiments above. Although we never met, his clear, well written contributions, and particularly his lack of arrogance, will stay with me. A sad loss.

Very sad to hear of his passing and that he suffered long term ill health. I've only encountered the gent on Youtube and his website, fabulous calming voice and obviously extremely respected by his fellow woodworkers.

Sad loss esp as I've brought a lodge within a felled tree of his workshop!!!

Great guy going to have to watch is videos!

Exceedingly sad news as David was my woodworking inspiration and I was honoured and privileged to attend one of his courses a few years ago. It was without a doubt the best course I have ever been on and took my woodworking skills to a new level. Rest in Peace David, you will be greatly missed.

A sad day for the entire wood working community, though I never met him, I followed his articles in F & C over the years,and as we were similar in age his attitude was the same as mine. Share the knowledge and enjoy the craft.
My condolences to his family and I'll raise a glass in his memory tonight.
K

Sad news indeed. Never met him personally, but viewed quite a lot of his online content and read a couple of his books.
Came across as a nice bloke.
RIP

I was also saddened to hear this news When I first started getting interested in woodworking I remember reading an article about his woodwork school in Good Woodworking magazine, must be 20+ years ago. I went on to buy 3 of his books shortly afterwards and this sparked my interest in learning to to fettle, sharpen and use the basic handtools. All this before youtube, it was a revelation to use sharp tools that worked well and understand the importance of accurate marking out etc. So thank you to David Charlesworth, may he Rest in Peace.

David wrote some fantastic articles, which really made you think. He was very free with his time and extremely positive. It was only a couple of months ago that I had contact with him about a dining table with laminated legs that he made about 20 years ago. Perhaps I will have to get round to making a copy.
He inspired a lot of people and will be sadly missed.

I particularly love david's videos on the cap iron, for me that was a revelation and I'm getting much better results! rest in peace mr Charlesworth.

Back