David Charlesworth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad news. I had the pleasure of attending four of David's classes at his north Devon workshop.

The only words he ever said to me were:- "You might want to put your thumb on that".......when trying out a block plane for the first time at the last Cressing Barn show........ very talented man

Sorry to hear this, I enjoyed his videos. Nice gent and very talented. Condolences to those who knew him.

What awful, sad news.

David Charlesworth brought so much pleasure, knowledge, and inspiration into workshops all over the world.

Sad news indeed. Met him a few times at the old Axminster shows, friendly and chatty.

I corresponded at times with David. What a generous and thoughtful man. Many of us owe a huge debt of gratitude to his guidance and teachings. It was a mark of his interest in learning, and flexibility, that he continued to explore new ideas and adopt new strategies. His willingness to adopt the chipbreaker to prevent tearout (when he had been an adherent of a high back bevels) is one example of this.

Many thanks, David.

Regards from Perth

Derek

RIP David,

I have never met him in person, but I really liked his organized and well thought out approach to every aspect of woodworking. No unnecessary movements or actions, and careful attention to detail.

I am honored that his last public reply on this forum was to my thread about getting a straight edge with cambered blade in 2021.

Woodworking world has lost another giant in field.

Too true, R.I.P Mr Charlesworth.
Considering how he was still on the forums, I do hope he had other unreleased work
awaiting some polishing up, whether that be video or another book.

This is sad news as it always is when someone passes away (with the odd exemption!).

I really enjoyed a short course I did with him on tool fettling (he didn't entitle the course "fettling") probably 20 years ago now.

He was a nice chap.

tooleypark.com
bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk

I echo others thoughts, a very sad loss to the world, and although I never met him he appeared to be a really nice guy as well as a highly skilled cabinet maker

I am deeply saddened to hear this news. He was one of those who taught many. His loss will be felt world wide. From the the states.

That is so sad. I've corresponded with David on a number of occasions, and have quite a number of his instructional DVD's, which have been invaluable in building skills.

RIP David Charlesworth.

Back