DaveR's Sketchup DVD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
This week I've been watching the new DVD from Fine woodworking - Google Sketchup Guide for Woodworkers - The Basics. It's presented by Dave Richards whom many will know from his excellent contributions on the Design forum here at UKW. I'm posting this here rather than the Design forum because it will be of interest to people who are not yet into Sketchup but would like to learn.

I'm writing a full review for British Woodworking magazine, but just to give you the gist - it's excellent. Written by a woodworker and not just an IT programmer, it's a superb grounding in how to build successful models and get workshop drawings from it. And it's all done with the free version, so you don't have to spend lots of money if you don't want to.

More detailshere.
It's currently on introductory sale and it will be money well spent.
Available as an NTSC DVD and a Download.
Cheers
Steve

Your glowing comments do not suprise me Steve. The quality of Dave's tutorials and guides both here and elsewhere show him to be a chap who knows his subject very well. His easy way of giving guidance should be a lesson to many. I must start saving up.

xy

I tried numerous times with sketch-up. I just can't grasp it. By the time I have anything worthwhile saved, I could have done a sketch and a water-colour representation.

I'd like to master it, but it never seems to do what the instructions say, and I lose patience, and close the program.
As I don't work from proper drawings, I guess I'll just carry on freehand sketching.

It's a good use of technology IMO, but doesn't seem to be for me.

Best of luck Dave R.

John :D

Latest posts

Back