Daughter's first project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

As you might remember I am trying to get my (now) 11 year old daughter intertested in this great hobby :wink:

Well....

Thanks to GillD and a link she posted ages ago we have success!!!

Hannah (for it is she) marked out all wood with pencil, rule and square, set fence and pushed pieces through bandsaw with a push stick, cut angles with my powered mitre saw and glued and sanded the resulting box using my ROS!!. Ohh, she finished it with 3 coats of weatherproof polyeurothane too :lol:

All closely supervised of course, but 90% her work!!

At the end I got a big 'thanks dad that was great fun' and an even bigger hug :lol:

Cheers

Tony (chuffed father)

birdbox.jpg

Well done Hannah! 8) How about a bat box next? :lol:

Adam

Nice one hannah, just dont let your dad talk you into making any jgs :lol:

Signal

who is still trying to get his two into the workshop but they are more interested in polly poxets and barbies GRRRRR

Well done to Hannah and Tony.

Bird boxes are always fun to make and a welcome addition to any garden.

Andy

Well done, Tony and Hannah. The bird box looks great :).

Signal, have you thought of suggesting that your daughters might like to make some furniture for their dolls? Or possibly cut out cartoon characters which they can paint?

Gill (who's still in shock at the thought of having made a useful contribution to this forum)

Tony and Hannah. The bird box great job. Well done!!
Norman

Hannah,

Good box, now you have to find a spot to fix it up. :D

Lots of fun watching the new owners using it to be had in the spring. :D

Well done Hannah!

There is some advice on where to site your birdbox on the BBC website here - hope it is useful :)

Neil

Brill! Great job, Hannah, and well done, Tony, for surviving the nervous tension...
biggrin.gif
Wish my nephews weren't so blessed with 10 left thumbs.
unhappy.gif

Cheers, Alf

Looking forward to Hannah's first jig...
ph34r.gif

well done hannah thats a posh bird box . is it true that you make all the drawings of jigs for your dad to make . :p

Well done Hannah and Tony,
Whats next ?
I've just finished a birdtable with the help of my 4yr old daughter, I build and she enjoys the sanding and painting.
Her Mums not to keen on the mess though :D

cd

Thank you for the kind comments and no, dad hasn't talked me into making any jigs yet but we did make something to hold the dust extrator on the big drill tonight :p

The box is for blue **** and great **** and we will fix it up when it stops raining all the time :p

I want to make a pretty box for my jewellery and beads and stuff next time :p

From Hannah :p

Latest posts

Back