Data leakage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently did a search on Google of our house using these terms

"our house name" -road (as there is a road with a similar name) and then selected images.

Slightly concerning to see many images that I posted up onto Thewoodhaven2 forum appearing in these search results. I can see no tags to our house name on the flickr image. Our house name has never been posted to TWH2.

So how on earth does that happen ?

Muggles should not go interfering with the dark side of magic :shock: :shock: :shock:

"We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing “TheWoodHaven2”, though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the phpBB software"

Sounds like Google Analytics.

Jake":j8vmc7mb said:
"We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing “TheWoodHaven2”, though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the phpBB software"

Sounds like Google Analytics.

You could be right Jake...I block Google Analytics but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Does this mean that you should not upload pictures taken from a mobile phone onto the net?
Can you do something like adjusting the image in paint for example?

RogerS":32va6m69 said:
Trevanion":32va6m69 said:
Have you tried googling the name on a computer that you don't browse a different place on?

Good idea. I've got a mate who is non-woody and he'll try tomorrow.
You can use "incognito mode" on Chrome, or "InPrivate" on Microsoft Edge to do the same search without it using all your cookies etc.

BigMonka":3hb8xf6a said:
RogerS":3hb8xf6a said:
Trevanion":3hb8xf6a said:
Have you tried googling the name on a computer that you don't browse a different place on?

Good idea. I've got a mate who is non-woody and he'll try tomorrow.
You can use "incognito mode" on Chrome, or "InPrivate" on Microsoft Edge to do the same search without it using all your cookies etc.

Good call ! No difference though.

Back