Darkest Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that's Gary Oldman. He never looks anything like himself in any of his films. :-D

NazNomad":rsfegqnv said:
I can't believe that's Gary Oldman. He never looks anything like himself in any of his films. :-D

Same with "The elephant man" one good film, now nothing.

NazNomad":35jdgj36 said:
I dunno... Batman, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern, Tinker Tailor, Air Force One, Leon... he gets to look like himself in about half his roles, I'd say.
Kinda like how Sean Bean actually lives in roughly half of his!!!

Yes, but a really good, well acted film. Only strays occasionally from the facts. Just goes to show how close it was that we had a second appeaser in charge and how little the Tories really trusted Winston at the start.

I also think Kirsten S-T deserves a mention for the restrained portrayal of Clemmy.

Phil

his best film is immortal beloved, where he plays beethoven, it's amazing that one.

Well thanks everyone for the comments. I'd already decided that I want to see this film and now I'm even more sure.

Films these days are for me a rare event (not sure why) and by the looks of your comments above you'll doubtless be shocked to hear that I'd never even heard of Gary Oldman before (seems I've been missing something). Thanks also for posting that video clip - no I hadn't seen that either! Nor the late talk show clip that follows it.

(Sometimes I wonder where I live - NO, it's not the Swiss, it's me)! (hammer)

AES

AES, I hated going to the pictures in Switzerland too. went to see a 20 minute short at sihlcity in zurich and they even had an intermission 10 minutes in. Was glad of the intermission for the amber spyglass thousgh needed a wee halfway through

Back