Dark Of Heart

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the second in my new series of darker feeling pieces. Its a sculptural form made from Elm as I wanted the open grain lines to show through the black to give this beastie a bit of skin texture. It has 32 individually turned aluminium spikes, 22 on the outside and 10 as 'teeth' on the inside.
It represents the darkness that resides in a corner of all of our hearts, the monster within, the part that contains our anger, we shut out its voice or at least don't listen to it but it is still there.

Comments and critiques welcomed

dark.jpg

darkly002.jpg

There is a brief description of the physical design on my blog if anyones interested.

This one feels much better to me, maybe because its not just a bowl with spikes on!!! The grain should help Eugene see the wood for the finish too :D

Who are you to suggest I have a dark corner to my heart??? All sweetness and light I am, all the way through... 8)

Thanks Gordon, does this one have more of the 'pick me up and cuddle me' quality you were on about :lol: :lol:

I'm off outside to play with my new Kelton hollowers 8)

Well done on the front cover of WOW JT =D>
Neatly done piece JT.
I think it would have looked more interesting if the Ali parts were differing lengths/shapes. :?:

Latest posts

Back