Dark ercol advice needed please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susu10

Reaction score
Hi, I made a massive error in judgement of my pumpkin placement...I forgot to move it off of my dark wood ercol unit and subsequently it started to die and release pumpkin juice onto the side board. There is a cloudy mark where it was sat, I want to try to get rid of the mark without having to sand down the unit. I have left mayo on it overnight, tried beeswax. I am thinking of trying the iron route next? Would a stain remover help? This is a family unit and it’s aiming to be sold so I need to get this right. Any help & advice would be massively appreciated 😬

Attachments

• 0581E2EC-B70A-47E5-AF7A-6EF8850CE3C4.jpeg
    0581E2EC-B70A-47E5-AF7A-6EF8850CE3C4.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 16
There are a few routes you could go down.

Polishers reviver, there are lots of brands out there, I have never used a commercial one I make my own but Liberon products are always good. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberon-RINGR125-125ml-Ring-Remover/dp/B004Z4V5LA

Konig do ethyl acetate in a spray can that works very well on one pack finishes. Clean the surface, spray a fine mist over the stain and leave for at least one hour and repeat if necessary. Moisture Bloom Eliminator

An old trick is to get some greaseproof paper and a clothes iron. Place the paper over the stain and with the iron set to the wool setting iron over the stain using a light and quick circular motion. Check frequently to see if anything is happening, if nothing happens after 40 seconds or so it probably will not.

Hope this helps

Thank you. I’ll try the iron today and order the products if it doesn’t help.. thanks so much!

Back