Dakota Tenoning Jig from Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailer

Established Member
Reaction score
There's not a lot i can say about it really apart from it does what it says on the tin and it's quite a substantial lump of cast iron :D .......Oh.......and it's not light :shock:

It comes partially assembled but it takes no longer than ten mins to put the rest of it together.

Tables010.jpg

It's well made and sits flat on the table and any slop in the miter slot is taken out via a couple of grub screws on the slider bar.

Tables011.jpg

Tables012.jpg

As you can see from the pic's everything is adjustable and lockable via the spring loaded levers.
The Jig will cant to the left to 22 1/2 degrees and to 45 degrees at the back there's no scales to read but a suitable gauge will do the job nicely.
Both have stop bolts allowing the return to ninety degrees with out re checking......but i must admit i always do :whistle:

Tables017.jpg

The micro adjustment left to right has imperial scales but if you were that bothered you could stick a set of metric ones over the top.

Tables014.jpg

Here it is in action.......Look no hands :D

Tables019.jpg

Tables013.jpg

As i said at the beginning it does what it says on the tin......and you too can be like :norm:......how it compares to the delta one i don't know because i've only seen them on the tv 8)

All in all i'm happy with it and it performs it's job admirably :D

Looks well. It's pretty much identical to the Delta, only real difference is the knobs and levers. See you got a Micro Spiltter too. How's it attached to the insert?

Noel

Noel":17ewxb9a said:
See you got a Micro Spiltter too. How's it attached to the insert?

It's attached via four holes drilled into the insert.......you make up a jig useing the supplied drilling jig and a piece of mdf.
It's easily removed for shoulder cuts etc and it also can act as a mini feather board....you just spin either of them around (you get two)there's varying degrees of offset...i think it's in 3/1000ths" increments...ie 0,3,6 and 9/1000ths

I'd have to look at the instructions to confirm this though :D

Nice one Nailer! Some useful pics, too.
The weight is quite impressive, isn't it? And as the recent FWW group test showed, I think all the different branded Tenon Jigs are really the same thing under the paint.
Time to get tenoning!
Philly :D

Sawdust Producer":tyss209s said:
Excellent Nailer, 8) mine has no grub screws to take out the slop, not yet but will pretty soon :wink:

I put grub screws recently on my previous table saw (mitre fence rod) and did not get the performance desired. I think a machined slider in S/S would only satisfy me.

Hi Alf

Alf":271z5ibb said:
Coo, that blade must be sharp. It's cutting those tenons without going round!

I would have thought that everybody would have known that it was shot with a Canon EOS 20D ,Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM 1/800s f/8.0 at 420.0mm iso200 full exif giving you the impression that it is not moving when, in fact, it is running at thousands of rpm. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2y3xh9ot said:
Hi Alf

Alf":2y3xh9ot said:
Coo, that blade must be sharp. It's cutting those tenons without going round!

I would have thought that everybody would have known that it was shot with a Canon EOS 20D ,Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM 1/800s f/8.0 at 420.0mm iso200 full exif giving you the impression that it is not moving when, in fact, it is running at thousands of rpm. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Hands-free too - good price for a CNC tenoner

Newbie Neil":21dn4dab said:
I would have thought that everybody would have known that it was shot with a Canon EOS 20D ,Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM 1/800s f/8.0 at 420.0mm iso200 full exif giving you the impression that it is not moving when, in fact, it is running at thousands of rpm.

How did you guess ?? :p :lol:

:lol: :lol: .....very good guy's .....it's the new "hands free" version :p

Back