Dakota Mobile Base

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanG

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
After receiving the new Rutland’s Catalogue in the post today I noticed the Dakota mobile base (on Page 106 in the previous catalogue) was not listed in the new catalogue. I checked on their web site and the base is no more. It has joined the choir invisible..It is a dead....<must get out more>
I have done a quick search, and can find no other product listed under the Dakota brand name.
Can anyone help? Do you know what trade name that particular mobile base is sold under.
If not could you recommend any other brand?

I am intending to use it on a DeWalt 733S.

Alan

Hi Again,

Have a look here for some comments on a mobile base:

Bandsaw on mobile base

There was a recent discussion on a different mobile base, this unit had a single wheel to lift it up, the comments where relating to moving the lifting lever as someone was catching their foot on it. Sorry I can't find it maybe someone else can.

Thanks Demi

I wanted to push the planer under a bench, so height was an issue, but perhaps there is an alternative, the De Walt has four square steel tubular legs. I think I could fit the machine onto a plywood base with wheels attached, and shorten the legs of the machine to return it to a good working height, which would also fit under the bench.
I find that if a machine is not easily and quickly accessible I tend to pick up a hand plane and use that, of cause that would never do would it.

Alan

Rutlands often remove items from sale.
Last year they had a Dakota woodworking bench for about £150.
It was not in the last 2 books.
I made enquiries and was told that it is no longer stocked.
This was at the same time as I asked why the EB200 saw had increased by £60 since Kity went into liquidation.
I was told that it was because the euro had risen.
I thought it was the pound that had risen so much which should have made euro items cheaper.

Latest posts

Back