Daft little job yesterday morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sru

Established Member
Reaction score
Daughter's birthday so had a few hours to kill before seeing her. Decided to try the old, hackneyed bandsaw reindeer ... first attempt and was pleasantly surprised. Could not spend a few hours sanding them perfect but a bit of danish oil gave them a nice colour. One more new thing learned :)

This was with a 1/4" blade on a Sabre 350. The specs say you can't go lower than the 1/4 inch but I am unclear why? Presumable something to do with the guides? Would love to run a thinner blade for stuff like this.

IMG_20201125_132635.jpg

Good job on the reindeer. I used 1/8" blades for years on large(ish) Startrite bandsaws in an industrial context. I don't see any reason why you can't do the same with your saw if you set up (or possibly adapt) the guides properly. I used to buy 100ft rolls and weld my own.

Pete

The Axminster YouTube channel did a 3 dimensional reindeer last week with a scrollsaw (one piece of timber) - with free plans to have a go yourself

Back