Dads Know Best ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipster

Established Member
Reaction score
after living with my parents for a year and a half when my wife and i split up , i am now in my own place and set up my workshop again.. I have been reclaiming my tools one by one from my Dad's shed ..Now bear in mind...
This is the Dad that always lectured me about looking AFTER MY TOOLS
I now find that most of my screwdrivers are coated in paint because he used them (not his own) to open paint tins and then stir the paint with them.!!
My plane blade is missing ! (he denies all knowlege of this ) but i did find a very similar plane blade in amongst his wallpaper scapers !
the wingnut is missing off the end of my hacksaw but a very similar wingnut has appeared in the locking screw of his fishing umbrella even though it didnt have one before!
i no longer have ANY chisels but his [formerly] incomplete set is now complete !
I rang him yesterday to say that I would be calling to pick up my bench grinder.. the coversation went like this
"hello Dad, will you get my grinder out of the shed ready for me to pick up?"
" oh! I threw it away!"
"why ? "
"it was rubbish, so I threw it away ...you wanna get yourself a decent one, trust me, you need decent gear to do a good job"

so there you go DADS KNOW BEST !!!

Pipster":1cqf4vki said:
after living with my parents for a year and a half when my wife and i split up , i am now in my own place and set up my workshop again.. I have been reclaiming my tools one by one from my Dad's shed ..Now bear in mind...
This is the Dad that always lectured me about looking AFTER MY TOOLS
I now find that most of my screwdrivers are coated in paint because he used them (not his own) to open paint tins and then stir the paint with them.!!
My plane blade is missing ! (he denies all knowlege of this ) but i did find a very similar plane blade in amongst his wallpaper scapers !
the wingnut is missing off the end of my hacksaw but a very similar wingnut has appeared in the locking screw of his fishing umbrella even though it didnt have one before!
i no longer have ANY chisels but his [formerly] incomplete set is now complete !
I rang him yesterday to say that I would be calling to pick up my bench grinder.. the coversation went like this
"hello Dad, will you get my grinder out of the shed ready for me to pick up?"
" oh! I threw it away!"
"why ? "
"it was rubbish, so I threw it away ...you wanna get yourself a decent one, trust me, you need decent gear to do a good job"

so there you go DADS KNOW BEST !!!

You make the most of DAD while you still have him , its a big loss when they go :(

Pipster":1oarodov said:
...you wanna get yourself a decent one, trust me, you need decent gear to do a good job

Sage advice

Blister":1oarodov said:
You make the most of DAD while you still have him , its a big loss when they go :(

No truer words ever spoken.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back