Dado's - This practice is UNSAFE.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger/Alf
thanks for that - I'm almost surprised google did not offer the alternate spelling

Andy - my quest for knowledge goes on.

My post said nothing about the very boring topic of to dado or not to dado Philly. It just disputed your patently false statement that the reason that most tablesaws on the market won't take dado blades is because they are not as heavy duty as the Xcalibur stuff!

Nor did I say that the Xcalibur isn't heavy duty, if you read my post. I just said that as heavy duty and more heavy duty saws won't take dado blades because they can't do so and be CE compliant. It is whether the things are CE compliant that is determinative of whether they can take a dado blade, not the heaviness of their duty.

If Woodford sell knowingly to the trade I hope they have their terms and conditions sorted out to exclude liability - again, I'm not particularly talking about dados here, any old accident on a non-CE compliant machine would make a personal injury litigator's day. I'll hazard a guess that any tradesperson who has employees, and therefore employer's liability insurance, will be placing himself in breach of warranties given under that insurance policy by using machinery that isn't CE compliant. So the insurance will pay out to the employee, and then recover as much as they can by selling the poor mug's home for him.

None of this has any impact on how much you can love your machine for hobby use of course, and I never said it did!

[edit: congratulations on the double-millenium, and no more suitable thread on which to achieve it!]

Very sensible Philly.I might even stop sticking pins in the doll now. As for Alf, I think she would make the ideal replacement for Fred Dibnah. Please report to Bolton a.s.a.p. Alf. P.S. bring flat cap. Philly says you have one. :lol:

harry":24oj2thg said:
As for Alf, I think she would make the ideal replacement for Fred Dibnah.
He'd turn in his grave. I get the impression he firmly believed a woman's place was to provide the tea for the working men. i.e. Him. :wink:

harry":24oj2thg said:
P.S. bring flat cap. Philly says you have one. :lol:
And he promised he'd never tell... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf said 'He'd turn in his grave. I get the impression he firmly believed a woman's place was to provide the tea for the working men. i.e. Him.
And what is wrong with that? :lol:

The whiperwill is a (forest) floor nesting bird with a song that will make you cry for the rest of the world. I think it's a siren's song. It sounds just like the name Whip-er-wiillll. ( a little shrill on the end)
Just to add fuel to the dado fire. the small Delta saws will come apart witha dado. But I do have and use a 6" for my Ryobi BT3000 job site saw. It works "wheely, wheely well :D "

When you started this thread, Harry, I shared Jake's opinion that you were trolling but I remained quiet in the belief that the moderators would take whatever action was appropriate. The nature of your subsequent posts and this particular misogynistic hijacking of your own thread has done nothing to allay my suspicions. You are a relatively unknown member of this forum, having made fewer than 50 posts to date. It may be that you are attempting to ingratiate yourself through telling comments; if so, I doubt your policy will meet with universal success.

Not all members of this forum are male, but those who are also happen to be gentlemen. I hope that one day I'll be able to count you amongst them.

Gill

Philly":2gymn48r said:
a dado head in a saw made to take one, used sensibly with a shop made guard is as safe as using a router table, bandsaw or any other power tool. And this I speak from EXPERIENCE. Remember the "E" word. A lot is spoken about dado's on Internet forums, not a lot of it involves the "E" word.Philly :D

Philly, I don't have a dado head cutter as my CE compliant tablesaw won't take one.

I had one for my old Record power TS and agree with you entirely. I used it for a couple of years without any problems at all.

Dado head cutters are no more dangerous than an unguarded standard blade and possible slightly less dangerous as they blade does not cut above the material and so there is less chance of violent kickback with no riving knife in there

Having said all that. I would only ever use my router to cut them these days.

Back