Dado Trenching Ploughing Competition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No restriction on the size of the trench, so the sanders will work. Bolting three pieces of wood togther with a spanner or socket set could result in a trench...

nothing like repeating meself...

Damn damn damn
I had this coming didn't I!?
It's OK, it's OK - not a problem. Can't believe you'd even be asking for some of them!
Right....
Plumber's pipe bender (LOL! good choice!)
Involves sharpening the edges of the radius bit and away you go. (Look I never said this would be good!)
Garden shears
Really Adam - you've never done it this way? Multiple passes with the sharp point.
Spanner
Hone the transition between the hex bit and the outside radius of the head. Use like a chisel. The thickness of the spanner determines the width of the housing

Are you sure you want me to go on!!!

Socket set
Jeez... come back to that one
Random orbit
Easy - guide the body of the sander along a straight edge, 24 grit paper (also known as tarmac in the trade!) Nice wide housing in no time!
Finishing sander
Same idea as above

You can see where this is going
Sliding bevel
Now these have very sharp points you know, a narrow thin housing shouldn't take too long :roll:
Polisher
Very slowly :wink:
Pinch rods
:shock: not even sure what they are. Can they be sharpened and used like a chisel?

I really am very sorry about this, but its become a bit of a mission now.

Cuddly toy

None CE versions have very sharp bits especially around the nasal area. I'd start there for some kind of scratching approach

Now let us not persue this line any longer. It's clear every tool will cut a housing with a bit of careful thought and preparation :wink:
(And let us never speak of it again)

I understand completely. :(
Perchance you didn't take my 1:13pm entry seriously?
(I can hardly blame you!) :wink:

waterhead37":7x1l40wb said:
Aragorn,
You crashed and burned on the socket set and polisher!
Sorry, Aragorn. My fault. Taken out by friendly fire. :(

Oh, btw, pinch rods are what Lee Valley like to call Bar Gauges. Jolly useful; so much so I got two sets. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Alf
Ahhhh - them!
I call them "scraps of wood and a couple of clips"
(Yeah you could cut a housing with that!!)

A stanley knife - many cuts and whittling
Chain drill holes along the length at short intervals with the depth stop set
Brace and bit (see above)

Just thought i'd join in :oops:

Cheers

Tony

Back