Dado blade on Scheppach TS2500ci

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi whybob

I have used the "dado" on the 2500, it is not so much a true dado as a chipper with two carbide chippers on two seperate "blades" when the blades are located together using the split pins fitted to one of the blades, there is a chipper at four points of the circumference. The width of the slot is governed by shims inbetween the chipper blades. The blade is fitted to the arbor with an elongated special nut. There is an insert for the table top also to suit the blade. In any postion where a shim is used then the edges of the dado are only cut by two of the chippers as the chippers on each blade become offset.
I have read this back to myself and am not convinced I've described it very well at all :) but it's a start.

Cheers Alan

thanks Alan
do you think is possible to use a standard (bore 30 mm) dado blade (Freud, CMT, or similar) on this machine?

I think the answer is no, it won't. It will have a short arbour precisely to prevent you from doing so.

Hallo Alan,

if I understand your description right, it should be possible to use the Scheppach chipper on any tablesaw with a 30mm-arbor, if you get the special elongated nut from Scheppach, which you mentioned, and if this fits on your tablesaw, too. Is that right? If so and if it's a nut with thread M12 I could use it on my old Luna tablesaw, too probably.

Cheers

Ulrich

Hi Bob

whybob71":3k7pv949 said:
...than if I have the "special nut" can I use a standard dado blade??? :? :?: I'm confused......

The simple answer is that you cannot fit a standard dado blade to the Scheppach.

AFAIK the only saw, available in the UK, that you can easily fit one onto is the Xcalibur.

Cheers
Neil

Oh dear it all seemed so simple in my head when I explained it. What I should have said is I have used the Scheppach version of a "dado" type of blade. This comes as a selection of parts ..the two chipper blades..special nut ..table insert..and preferably a SUVA type guard for safety.
I also have no idea if the scheppach blade and nut can be used on any other machine and cannot recommend it be tried. Also as others have said an ordinary dado blade will not fit the Scheppach.

Sorry for any confusion
cheers Alan

whybob71":kxnko8xq said:
which size of cuts is able to perform the sheppach special cutter?

andy king":kxnko8xq said:
Its the dado head that will probably gain most favour, the saw will take a 8mm-15mm shimmable set, costing about £100, but the SUVA guard is about £450, so the chances are either a home made one will be used, or totally disregarded, making it a little more fraught with danger when used.

Cheers Alan

Latest posts

Back