Daddy's Helper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a delight children are. What seems like yesterday I had three little boys running around the house and garden, today I woke up and one is off to University one is off to work and the baby is playing loose head prop for the Army cadets under seventeens. Now the only time they come down to the workshop is when they need something (money or a lift mainly). Wouldn't change a thing though they are appealing for different reasons at different ages, currently the banter around the evening dinner table has to be heard to be believed sometimes I can't eat for laughing, but the time does fly by enjoy them each and every day for what they are, truly special.

regards to you all

Richard

It's wonderful to hear everyone enjoying time with their little ones (or not-so-little-any-more-ones!).

My first one is on it's way, and quite frankly the whole thing just seems too terrifying for words!

:shock:

Anyone got any suggestions for a good first sprog-related project?

Vormulac":3vxpx4n6 said:

How about a nameplate for the bedroom/nursery - although you'll have to wait until you can be sure of the name!

nameplate_anne.jpg

It pays to keep the names short :lol:

Andy

Vormulac":2ahmjvj7 said:
Nice one Andy, is that a combination of cunning router-work and deft woodcarving?
V.

That's one way of doing it. I just used the scroll saw.

Andy

Vormulac":149gixck said:
Soundproofing...? :lol:

Very nice, Andy. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you; "Daddy, I wanna horsey! Mwaaaaa!" Although saw horses might be handy... :-k :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Put a lock on the door and dont leave the spare in the house.............advice I wish I had followed :wink:

Bean

The Return of Daddy's Little Helper :lol:
You can't keep this one out of the way-I was trying to take some pics of my recent saw till project turned my back for a moment and...........
DSCF2600.jpg

There she is, oiling my saws. I won't bore you with the "arty" shots that arose when she decided she would now take some pictures :lol:
And worry not, she knows the teeth are a no-no.
Cheers
Philly :D

You can't beat kids for doing the unexpected.

Remember the number of video players that were trashed when kids posted all sorts through the video flap. My friend said thank god he no longer has a video player for that to happen to...

...His DVD recorder is currently in for repairs after his two year old son opened the tray and put an upside down piece of toast in it and then closed it. :shock: Marmalade doesn't play well on a laser reader!

Never, NEVER say something is safe from kids. It's the kiss of DOOOOM! :p

Alf":djn0qm7t said:
Of all the thinly-veiled excuses to show off your saws... C'mon, Phil, how much did you pay her? :p :lol:

Cheers, Alf
Moi? Gloat?? :shock:
While there's blood in my veins..... :lol:
Philly :D

One thing I've noticed is a considerable move to using japanese swords... err.. I mean saws. I haven't come across anyone recently who doesn't use hand tools who hasn't got at least the flush cutting saw and dovetail saw. The next most popular one seems to be the dual crosscut/rip saw.

Seems Phil isn't an exception. :wink:

Back