D & M Show - worth a visit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learner Les

Established Member
Reaction score
I am considering visiting the D & M show next month at Kempton Park but I am not interested in any tools :shock: Are the demo's and masterclasses worth the journey or are they just a sales pitch for the equipment?

Nope, not renowned for it's master classes. I wouldn't travel that far. I'll go because I can nip over on the train and it's free entry.

I'd agree.

Great for shopping, but the demos are very much secondary. Long way to come and I think you'll be dissapointed if your not on a shopping mission.

I'm in luck, it's about 10 miles away.

Jon

I went last year , great if you are looking to buy

not much else , watched 1 demo that went wrong :oops:

still its a day out if you want one :lol:

NO I went a few years ago, no real bargains and in general I find the D&M staff very un-helpful at the show and in the store.

I only live 5 minutes from Kempton Park and I wouldnt bother going again :lol:

They do have talks on while you are there but they are too busy so I didn't bother watching any.

I'd wait and go to the Yandles show. I've been for the last couple of years to the D&M show and it is improving but I found the Yandles show much nicer.

There is some money off at the D&M show but nothing to write home about. I think I saved about a tenner last year on the Leigh super jig, though I did save quite a bit when I bought my Record planer thicknesser, bandsaw and extractor - though I had to ask what deal they could do.

Best bit of the show for me is just before it opens the joker with the converted nail gun starts firing t-shirts into the crowd.

I always enjoy the show, it's a good way to see alot of kit and compare different brands or models even if you don't plan to buy straight away.

I.ve always found a fair few bargains or discounts too, depends on what you are looking for I guess.

And with free entrance and a bacon buttie van outside what more could you want ! :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

chisel":2qjan57a said:
I always enjoy the show, it's a good way to see alot of kit and compare different brands or models ...... I've always found a fair few bargains or discounts too, depends on what you are looking for I guess.
You've hit the nail on the head there, Paul. For hands-on comparison between brands there's little to beat this kind of show. OK, so you might not be able to try stuff out, like in the past, but the venue's not really suitable for a load of machines working either. Some manufacturers have machines operating, but not many.

As you say, there are a few bargains, but given the existing competition with t'Internet, there's not much of a margin to play with, I guess. Don't forget, also, that it's D & M's show and they have to agree the exhibitors' pricelists, which then must not be varied (or the manufacturer must stand any reduction themselves). That's fair enough in my book too - D & M are the organisers and do all the admin.

I had a great time there during 2006 and 2007, but I shan't be there as a demonstrator this year. I might still pop up though. :)

Edit: I'll be there after all - pop along to Stand 65 in Hall 1 and say "Hello," if you get the chance.

Ray

Latest posts

Back